Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Best In Drums Los Angeles Regional Finals

As many of you know, I performed at Sam Ash's Best In Drums Los Angeles Regional Finals last Wednesday.  It was one of the best drum competitions I've ever experienced.  I actually ended up playing last, which was cool but also nerve-wracking.  The drummers were outstanding and it was rewarding but also humbling to compete against drummers at this level.  California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas were all represented and it was really awesome to see that so many incredibly good drummers were also very cool people.  Here's me playing "Smash," the heavy song featured in the contest:



The play-along tracks for the competition are still available for download on the Best In Drums web site.  I highly recommend checking the tunes out and jamming along with them or any other play-along track in your musical style.  It gives you the chance to be both creative and musical as a drummer.  I will not be continuing on to the national finals (this time), but I will be heading to Las Vegas with Cobra Venom during that same week.  More on that later...

1 comment: