Thursday, November 29, 2012

Quantum Theory (aka, the movie I'm working on)...

For those of you who don't know, I'm composing the music for the 8 Sided Films full-length feature film called Quantum Theory.  It's an independent sci-fi/heist movie about a pair of sassy female scientists who invent reality-bending quantum technology that gets stolen by a defense contractor, then  these brilliant women try to steal it back, facing off against a calculating opponent with almost unlimited resources (played by Gregory Itzin, known for his roles in 24, The Mentalist and Firefly).

This is my second collaboration with writer/director Tennyson Stead, who I worked with previously on  The Starmind Record.  You can find a sampler of the tracks that I did for that series as well as one of Quantum Theory's trailer themes on my Soundcloud page.  Composing is a lot like drumming, so it's an excellent fit for me.  The music you create in both roles is critical to completing the artistic work (whether it's a story or a song), but it is crucial to be an ensemble player first.  I've been doing a lot of homework since getting this gig and there's A LOT more to do, but I'm very excited to be on board!

While I'm developing the music for Quantum Theory, Tennyson will be introducing the two main characters of the film (and their antics) to the world in a web series called Sass X Acceleration.  I could tell you more about it, but I think that job is more suited to the man himself and the stars of the show:


Sass X Acceleration will give people the chance to meet and engage Chelsea and Roe of Quantum Theory directly with topics of scientific significance prior to their appearance on the silver screen.  How many times will you get to ask a main character in a movie a question and then get to watch them fight about the answer with their best friend?  Tennyson and 8 Sided Films love audience participation and since there are only a few days left to get involved with Sass X Acceleration, definitely check it out ASAP!  


No comments:

Post a Comment